YOUR LIFE. YOUR GOALS. YOUR CHOICE. YOUR CONTROL.
Disability Aging and Community Care Services (DAACCS) is a new and innovative specialist Disability service provider in the ACT, we provide services to people living with a disability who are or are eligible to be NDIS participants.
DAACCS is offering a unique opportunity for the right person to work in the disability sector as it evolves with the implementation of the NDIS. We need people who are creative, patient and innovative, self-confident, up for challenge and are resilient to support people to increase their skills. We are looking for people who are passionate about positive outcomes and excited and enthusiastic about the opportunities being created for people with a disability as the NDIS is implemented and evolves over the coming years.
We are currently seeking to fill several positions, both permanent and casual, individuals who are passionate about ensuring that people with a disability are supported to live life to the fullest are encouraged to apply. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work across both disability or psychosocial, in home and in the community including;
individuals affected by trauma
in-home support (personal care/domestic assistance)
social support in the community (recreational activities) and
skill development (capacity building)
- Certificate III in Disability, Community Mental Health, Aged Care or equivalent
- Previous experience working people with disabilities and complex needs, preferably in a community setting environment
- Commitment to the implementation of innovative positive support practices and person centred approaches
- Experience in monitoring and reporting behavioral or health changes
- Experience with providing personal care, including the use of mobility aids
- Communication and interpersonal skills with a diverse range of people
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- Understanding of WH&S issues and risk management for client home-based care and during transport of clients
- Insured and registered car and Current Drivers licence
- First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain
- Australian Citizenship/ permanent residency or a visa with entitlement to work rights.