Careers at DAACCS
YOUR LIFE. YOUR GOALS. YOUR CHOICE. YOUR CONTROL.
Disability Ageing and Community Care Services (DAACCS) is an innovative disability service provider in the ACT, we provide services to people living with a disability who are or are eligible to be NDIS participants.
DAACCS is offering a unique opportunity for the right person to work in the disability sector. We need people who are creative, patient and innovative, self-confident, up for a challenge and are resilient to support people to increase their skills. We are looking for people who are passionate about positive outcomes and excited and enthusiastic about the opportunities being created for people living with a disability.
We are currently seeking to fill several positions, both permanent and casual, individuals who are passionate about ensuring that people with a disability are supported to live life to the fullest are encouraged to apply. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work across both disability or psycho-social, in-home and in the community including;
- in-home support (personal care/domestic assistance)
- social support in the community (recreational activities) and
- skill development (capacity building)
- Certificate III in Disability, Community Mental Health, Aged Care or equivalent
- Experience with the provision of services to people living with a disability or extensive lived experiance, their carers and families, including implementation and monitoring of individual support programs, administration of medication including the Webster Pak system, PRN medication and associated procedures Commitment to the implementation of innovative positive support practices and person-centred approaches
- Experience in monitoring and reporting behavioural or health changes
- Experience with providing personal care, including the use of mobility aids
- Communication and interpersonal skills with a diverse range of people
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- Understanding of Workplace Health and Safety (WH&S) issues and risk management for client home-based care and during transport of clients
- Insured and registered car and Current Drivers licence
- First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain
- Australian Citizenship/ permanent residency or a visa with entitlement to work rights.
Acknowledgement of the country
“DAACCS acknowledges the Ngunnawal people as the traditional owners of this land and their continuing connection to land and community. We also acknowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples who have come from other nations to live on Ngunnawal land.
We pay our respects to their cultures, ancestors and elders past, present and future.”
If you need help or information simply contact us